ANSYS software donation announcement:
As of 2014, ANSYS, Inc has graciously donated their Campus Program software to the Henry Samueli School of Engineering in order to foster research and stimulate student learning.
Special thank you to Ansys, Inc. and Professor Franco De Flaviis for coordinating this gift.
o Composites: ANSYS Composite PrepPost
o High Frequency: , , , and technologies.
o Low Frequency: , , .
o Integrated Circuits: ANSYS RedHawk, ANSYS PowerArtist
o High Performance Computing: Structural/Fluids HPC, Electonics HPC
NOTE: By default, research licenses are issued. After research licenses are used up, licenses are issued at the Teaching level with node restrictions.
1) How do I obtain the software?
2) Is this research-level software offered without any node-restrictions?
3) What is the difference between the research version and instructional version?
Both versions use the same installer package. The license server determines which packages are available to the end-user. By default, the license server will issue research (non-restricted) licenses. Instructional licenses are issued with node-restrictions after all of our research licenses have been checked out.
4) What are the node restrictions for Instructional-use licenses?
5) How do I use the ANSYS Campus software from off-campus?
6) What is the license server?
7) Who may install the software?
8) Where can I install the software?
9) Is the student version still available?
7) I keep getting node restrictions on the research version.
8) I receive an error "Failed to check out license 'hfsshpc_pack'. License server does not support this license SR Description."
9) My HPC installation is not multi-core. It's supposed to use all my processor cores.
You need to be logged into your UCI Google Apps account.
2) License server
3) About using your UCI Google Apps Account:
More UCI Google Apps information:
**IMPORTANT: You must be connected to UCI Campus Network in order to install ANSYS. If you are using Wi-Fi, then you need to use UCI's VPN service because OIT blocks many network ports.
Choose one of the following options for mounting an .iso file:
1) Mount the ISO labeled ANSYS_17.1_WINX64_DISK1.
2) Double click the setup.exe after mounting the ISO`
3) Click Install ANSYS Products from the menu that pops up
5) Select Install Directory or leave it as the default. Do not change the checked & unchecked boxes. Click Next >>
6) DO NOT CHECK SKIP THIS STEP AND CONFIGURE LATER Leave the ANSYS Licensing Interconnect port number and ANSYS FlextNet port number as the defaults
Under Hostname 1: enter the license server name retrieved from the license server link and then click Next >>
If you receive an error message, please note the following:
**IMPORTANT: You must be connected to UCI Campus Network in order to install ANSYS.
If you are using campus Wi-Fi, then you need to use UCI's VPN service because OIT blocks many network ports.
If you continue to experience error messages, look at your Windows Firewall, Advanced Settings, Inbound Rules. Scroll through and look for any ANSYS software that might be blocked.
7) The software should select the products to be installed based on the license server so click Next >>
NOTE: If you select additional products, please know they may not run because we are not licensed for them.
Contact Lisa Preble, LPREBLE@uci.edu if you require use of a package we are not licensed for.
8) You will reach the following install screen. It will install until it requires the second iso and the enter path to the next media window pops up. Mount the second ISO named ANSYS_17.1_WINX64_DISK2 and click browse and find your mounted iso.
If you need access to the ANSYS online tutorials, sign up for a Customer Account or Student Portal Account.
Here is our UCI ANSYS ACCOUNT information required to setup an account.
About ANSYS, Inc.
ANSYS brings clarity and insight to customers' most complex design challenges through fast, accurate and reliable engineering simulation. Our technology enables organizations — no matter their industry — to predict with confidence that their products will thrive in the real world. Customers trust our software to help ensure product integrity and drive business success through innovation. Founded in 1970, ANSYS employs more than 2,500 professionals, many of them expert in engineering fields such as finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, electronics and electromagnetics, and design optimization. Headquartered south of Pittsburgh, U.S.A., ANSYS has more than 70 strategic sales locations throughout the world with a network of channel partners in 40+ countries. Visit www.ansys.com for more information.
Ansys Software http://www.ansys.com/