The School of Engineering has partnered with Microsoft's Imagine Academy to provide students, academic staff and faculty access to Microsoft software at no cost. Currently the program is limited to the School of Engineering.
1) Go to the HSSOE Microsoft Imagine Store. (formally called Microsoft DreamSpark).
2) Click "Your Account/Orders"
3) Click Register.
4) In the "Activate Account" box, enter your UCI.EDU email address.
5) You should see the following message asking you to check your email.
6) If you do not see this message, the program Administrator (Lisa) needs to set up an account for you. Click request an account. The Administrator will verify your major. Please know it might take me 24 hours to respond to you.
7) Check your UCI.EDU inbox for the message sent from <email@example.com>
8) Follow the link in the message sent to you in order to complete your registration.
9) You should see the following "Thank you" message.
10) You are now registered and you may download software.
11) If you already have Windows installed (with Bootcamp), you still need to "Purchase" Windows.
12) Troubleshooting tips:
1) Use an ethernet connection. Sometimes downloads timeout over wireless.
2) If the download manager gives you problems, use a different browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
13) Here's information on How to install Windows using your Microsoft Imagine download.