How to run a Hello World script in C using GCC
This short tutorial is a guide to help familiarize you with writing a simple Hello World program using C, the GCC compiler, and Pico (a text editor). It uses a Linux VM.
1) With Ubuntu running on your virtual machine, open the Terminal window.
2) Create a file using Pico by entering the command ‘pico gcctest.c’
3) To create a helloworld script simply type the following:
- Then save the file by pressing CTRL+O
- Leave the file name as is, and then hit Enter.
- Exit the file window by pressing CTRL+X.
This is what it should look like:
4) Now that your helloworld script is created, you must first compile the script.
- If no error messages are returned then you have successfully compiled your script.
5) Run the script you created
- Your “Hello World!” message should be returned on the following line.
6) This is what you should see:
6) Congratulations, you have successfully created and ran a helloworld script using gcc!For Additional help you may wish to refer to the links below: