How to Run a Hello World Script using Perl
This short tutorial is a guide to help familiarize you with writing a simple Hello World script using Perl.
1) With Ubuntu running on your virtual machine, open the Terminal window.
2) Create a file using pico by entering the command
3) To create a hello world script simply type the following line:print “Hello World! \n”;
4) Save the file by pressing CTRL+O and leave the file name as is
- Press Enter.
- Exit the file window by pressing CTRL+X.
4) Now that your helloworld script is created, run the file by entering the command ‘perl perltest’
5) Congratulations, you have successfully created and ran a helloworld script using perl!