How to Run a Hello World Script using Python
This short tutorial is a guide to help familiarize you with writing a simple Hello World program using Python.
1) With Ubuntu running on your virtual machine, open the Terminal window.
2) Create a file using pico by entering the command ‘pico pythontest’
3) To create a helloworld script simply type the following line:
4) Then save the file by pressing CTRL+O
- Leave the file name as is.
- Press Enter.
- Exit the file window by pressing CTRL+X.
5) Now that your helloworld script is created, run the file by entering the command ‘python pythontest’
6) Congratulations, you have successfully created and ran a helloworld script using Python!