The School of Engineering has partnered with Microsoft's Imagine Academy to provide students, academic staff and faculty access to Microsoft software at no cost. Currently the program is limited to the School of Engineering.
Every quarter we upload Engineering majors into the Microsoft Imagine system, but students must activate their accounts in order to setup a password.
Please activate your account.
- Go to the HSSOE Microsoft Imagine Store and click Register on the upper right hand corner. The page should look like the screenshot below.
2. In the "UCI Email Address" box, enter your UCI.EDU email address. Click Continue.
- If successful, you should see the following message asking you to check your email. Follow the instructions in the email.
- If you do not see this message, the program Administrator (Lisa) needs to set up an account for you. Click "Request an Account" in the red message box that pops up. The Administrator will verify your major. Please know it might take me 24 hours to respond to you. (The red message box will look like the one below.
3. Check your UCI.EDU inbox for the message sent from <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Check your Spam and Junk Mail because the message often gets mistaken by email filters.
4. Follow the link in the message sent to you in order to complete your registration.
5. You should see a "Thank you for registering" message.
6. You are now registered and you may download software.
7. If you already have Windows installed (with Bootcamp), you still need to "Purchase" Windows.
8. Troubleshooting tips:
- Purchase the 64-Bit version of Windows 10 Professional or Windows 7 Professional.
- Do not use the Educational Version - it has a lot of problems.
- Find the product key in the receipt. Input this number on your system.
- Activate your Windows installation
- Use an ethernet connection. Sometimes downloads timeout over wireless.
- If the download manager gives you problems, use a different browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox