Starting Spring 2014, the CEE Department commenced participation in Rocscience's Education Program allowing students access to their geotechnical analysis and design programs.
Assistant Professor Anne Lemnitzer, Ph.D., spearheaded the program for HSSOE and the software will be used in the following courses:
Please click here to download software, instructions, and license server info.
Be sure to download:
This explains how to configure your software to connect to the campus license server.
This doc lists the license server name.
This is the software.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be logged on using your UCI Google Apps account to download software
The software is compatible with WIndows OS.
For support, contact email@example.com
1) Install software
- click on .exe file you downloaded.
Now configure connection to license server. For more details, view the PDF you downloaded.
1) Open up a web browser, type in the following host:
2) Select Configuration option in the left pane and then click on Access to Remote License Managers tab
3) Make sure that Allow Access to Remote Licenses is turned on.
4) Specify the license server's IP address inn Specify Search Parameters edit box.
NOTE: *YOU MUST SPECIFY THE IP Address. - See the license server doc you downloaded.
Again, type in the license server IP address in the box for Remote License Search Parameters.
Press Submit button to save settings.
5) Press the Products option in the left pane. If the license server has been found, you will see the license(s) in the products list (see below).
It might take a few minutes for license server to show up.
If it does not show up, make sure that the port 1947 is not blocked and you can ping the server by its IP address.
6) Once the client has found the remote license server and the license is showing up in Products page,
7) You can run your Rocscience.
YOU must be logged into UCI Campus Network in order to connect to the license server.
If you are off-campus, then you need to connect to UCI's VPN service.
Rocscience’s easy to use geotechnical analysis and design programs help engineers create safe, affordable solutions in rock and soil. For a nominal fee, our Education Program gives instructors at the world’s leading universities the ability to offer their students full use of the latest Rocscience software. Rocscience software complements your instruction and helps you teach key approaches to today’s most relevant geotechnical engineering problems including: