This is a full-version of Solidworks. Please know it is 1 year behind the commercial version and there may be incompatibilities with the commercial version.
Usage requires a UCI campus IP address so that you can obtain a license from the on-campus license server. Off-campus users should use the UCI VPN service.
During Summer of 2014, the School of Engineering entered into a 3-year campus site-license agreement with Solidworks.
The following software packages are available to faculty & students through our contract:
Download - Solidworks Academic Edition
Solidworks 2016-17 version:
Download .zip file HERE software
License server & serial number - HERE-license server
1) Unzip the file using Windows, 7zip, or whatever you typically use.
2) Click on setup.exe to start the installation.
3) Use the serial number and license server from the file you downloaded above.
4) Select "Individual Installation"
5) Additional Installation instructions.
6) When I upgrade the software, I usually find it necessary to completely uninstall. Then I clean-up the computers and old registry entries with CCleaner. Then I'm ready to install the recent version.