L-Edit Installation Instructions
Used by Professor Andrei Shkel for MAE 249/EECS 279: ³MicroSensors and Actuators²
Click on the above link, then click the download arrow above the folder name to download the entire contents.
Note: You must be logged in with your UCI Google Apps account
2) RIght-click on setup.exe in the Tanner folder. Select "Run As Administrator"
3) Install to a folder with no spaces in its path, such as
4) If there is an error or if nothing happens then you need to change compatibility settings.
a. Right click on the setup.exe file and select Properties
b. Click on the Compatibility tab
c. Click on “Change Settings for All Users”
d. Check all of the boxes so it looks like the image below
f. Your Computer screen will flicker and be set to a low resolution during installation
g. Click OK, then OK again.
5) Click on setup.exe again and re-try installation. Again, your computer screen will change but it will go back after installation.
6) Choose Custom Installation
7) Install to a folder with no spaces in its path, such as
8) Choose LEdit and License installer
9) Don’t install Adobe 3.5
10 ) Don’t install the Sentinel Driver, choose option to use Network License server
11) Install license utility to;
10) Complete the installation
12) Copy the .tlu license file to the folder:
13) On your computer, create a system variable so the client can communicate with the network license server at IP address: 188.8.131.52
Go to System Properties
Right-click on “My Computer and select “Properties”
Click Advanced System Settings
Click on the “Advanced” tab.
Click on “Environmental Variables”
On System Variables, click “New”
Variable name: tannerhost
Variable value: 184.108.40.206
15) If you are off campus, you will need to connect to the UCI network using VPN.
Install VPN Software:
Authenticate with your UCINetID
This will not work with “WebVPN”