C - hello world
How to run a Hello World script in C using GCC
1) With Ubuntu running on your virtual machine, open the Terminal window.
2) Create a file using Pico by entering the command ‘pico gcctest.c’
3) To create a helloworld script simply type the following:
Then save the file by pressing CTRL+O
Leave the file name as is, and then hit Enter.
Exit the file window by pressing CTRL+X.
This is what it should look like:
4) Now that your helloworld script is created, you must first compile the script.
Entering the command
If no error messages are returned then you have successfully compiled your script.
5) Run the script you created
type the command
Your “Hello World!” message should be returned on the following line.
6) This is what you should see:
6) Congratulations, you have successfully created and ran a helloworld script using gcc!
For Additional help you may wish to refer to the links below: