Starting Spring 2014, the CEE Department commenced participation in Rocscience's Education Program allowing students access to their geotechnical analysis and design programs.
Associate Professor Anne Lemnitzer, Ph.D., spearheaded the program for HSSOE and the software will be used in the following courses:
CEE 156 Foundation Design
CEE 231 Foundation Engineering (Graduate)
CEE 232 Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering (Graduate)
Please click here to download software, instructions, and license server info.
PLEASE NOTE: You must be logged on using your UCI Google Apps account to download software
Be sure to download:
This doc contains brief installation instructions
This document has more detailed instructions
Rocscience client software
1) Download "Step 2 - Rocscience Software Suite.zip" and unzip
2) Right click on rss1092j08s.exe and select "Run as Administrator" to install software
1) Open up a web browser, type in the following URL:
2) Select Configuration option in the left pane and then
3) Click on Access to Remote License Managers tab
3) Check the boxes for:
Allow Access to Remote Licenses
Broadcast Search for Remote Licenses
Aggressive Search for Remote Licenses
4) Go to the Remote License Search Parameters box and type in the IP address of the license server
The server IP is is this doc: Rocscience-installation_and_license
5) Press Submit button to save settings.
Verify configuration is working
1) Press the Products option in the left pane. If the license server has been found, you will see the license(s) in the products list (see below).
It might take a few minutes for license server to show up.
If it does not show up, make sure that the port 1947 is not blocked by your firewall or your antivirus software and you can ping the server by its IP address.
If you are off-campus or on UCI Wi-Fi, then you need to use UCI's VPN
2) You can run Rocscience once the client has found the remote license server and the license is showing up in Products page.
Rocscience’s easy to use geotechnical analysis and design programs help engineers create safe, affordable solutions in rock and soil. For a nominal fee, our Education Program gives instructors at the world’s leading universities the ability to offer their students full use of the latest Rocscience software. Rocscience software complements your instruction and helps you teach key approaches to today’s most relevant geotechnical engineering problems including:
• slope stability & groundwater analysis, complete with probabilistic analysis, using Slide
• consolidation & settlement under foundations, embankments, surface excavations using Settle3D
• stability analysis for underground or surface wedges using Unwedge or Swedge
• finite element stress analysis of underground or surface excavations using Phase2
• stereonet projection & analysis of orientation based geological data using Dips
• 3D finite element analysis for rock/soil using RS3