VMWare Software - how to activate your account
FREE Annual VMWare Subscription for Engineering students- You must activate annually
VMWare Software Subscription
Students and faculty may download the following at no cost.
*Software can be installed in research labs as well on the personal computers of faculty and students involved in research projects. Use is exclusive only for non-production environments.
NOTE: The info on this page is for Engineering students only. We cannot give out licenses to non-Engineering students. Sorry we have a limited number of licenses. Contact your department IT support for assistance.
Request an account
Send a message to email@example.com using your @UCI.EDU account and let me know if you want to use VMWare Workstation, Fusion, or other VMWare software.
It might take me 24-48 hours to respond.
Check your spam folder if you don't receive a response.
ENGINEERING STUDENTS ONLY!!
We'll give accounts to Engineering majors and students enrolled in Engineering classes.
Sorry we cannot give accounts to non-Engineering students because we have a limited number of licenses. Please contact your local IT department for licenses or options.
Register your account & download Software
1) You will receive an email message from firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to register your account.
Check your spam folder if you don't see the message.
2) Click the green REGISTER button.
Enter your information and use your @UCI.EDU email account.
3) Click the REDEEM button
4) You should see an enrollment confirmation. Click the link to go to your "course".
5) Click "Software Products & Licenses"
6) Click on the link for the software you want to use.
7) Download the software. Below are examples for Fusion and Workstation
9) Find the product you need a license key for and click REQUEST.
11) Install software.
12) Enter the serial number after installation.
13) For VMWare Workstation, you will be prompted to enter the serial the first time you run it after installation.
Copy and paste it
14) You should see a message saying "Your evaluation period ends in 445 days."